Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Holidays!


Welcome to our New Blog and Happy Holidays to all of our family and friends out there! Here is our attempt to share with you what has been going on with us this past year! It seems that a major theme of this year has been one of "change" both for our country as well as for our family. Here are some of the highlights of the changes that we've encountered...

1st- After two years of studying the social studies curriculum and how to be a teacher, Larry was hired by a middle school to teach 7th grade math! Luckily, Larry loves math and passed the math licensure exam, too! As he completes his 4th month teaching, he already has felt the hand of the Lord helping him while he works with several inner-city and underpriviledged youth of various ethnic backgrounds. He absolutely loves his job and is excited to get up each morning--even though he leaves for work at 5:30am! Here is a picture of Larry standing outside, in front of our garage, with the banner I surprised him with on the day he was hired!

2nd- In April, I (Mindy) was called to serve as the primary president in our local congregation at church. This new responsibility has meant a few big "changes" for us on Sundays, especially! Larry takes care of James most of the time so that I can keep my sanity when it comes to trying to supervise a lot of adults and kids in a Sunday School-like program. Fortunately, I have been able to call on much of my previous experience as both an elementary school and special education teacher. I also have some amazing women who work with me as my counselors and secretary. Most of all, I have seen the hand of the Lord in my efforts to serve these little ones at church.

Last but not least- Our baby has changed into a little boy! Now, James can sing, talk, run, climb, pretend, play, and the list goes on! Some of his interests include doggies, basketball, the moon, singing "America the Beautiful," helping Mommy cook, things that spin or go around like wheels and washing machines, buses and trains, and of course, playing outside as much as possible! Turning two in September was the capstone to his ever changing sense of independence, manifested by a major tantrum now and then! Although there are occasional "trying" episodes for us as parents, we revel in the moments when James can now say, "I love you, Daddy!" or "Mommy, look at this!" We have begun to really recognize how much we must rely on the Lord in raising such a dynamic and beautiful child!


During this Christmas Season, we celebrate the birth and promise of the Messiah--our Savior Jesus Christ! We have hope and faith in Him, who is unchanging. May we all have renewed faith in Him this Christmas Season and in the New Year! We love you all!





5 comments:

  1. Such a cute blog!! We miss you guys. Love the Andersons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Fox Family. I will send an E-mail soon. Nice job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that Larry's job is going well and that you are doing well with your calling. I am sure it must be quite a responsibility sometimes. James sure is a cute little guy. Thanks for the update.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog! It's so nice to hear your updates. You can always check out what's going on with our family on our blog that I just started this year after Ella was born. Here's the site: http://calderwoodchronicle.blogspot.com/

    Blogging has been a lot more fun than I was expecting. I hope you enjoy doing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larry & Mindy!! What a fun post. I stumbled across your blog (though Erik & Nichole's) and thought I would say, hi!! I hope everything is well for you. Your little boy is adorable. Grandma talks about you guys all the time. I have a blog, too. On it, there are links to my brothers' blogs, so check it out if you like. (www.thomasfam-tam.blogspot.com) I would love to hear from you!! Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete